Get ready for some holiday fun!

Greetings fellow readers/bloggers!  I thought you may be interested in participating with me in some upcoming holiday events:

Just what is this Thankfully Reading Weekend I speak of?  Here are the details:

There are no rules to the weekend, we’re simply hoping to devote a good amount of time to reading, and perhaps meeting some of our reading challenges and goals for the year. We thought it’d be fun if we cheered each other on a bit. If you think you can join in, grab the button  and add your sign in post to the link-up below. If you don’t have a blog, you can sign up the comments or sign up using a link to your Twitter account or Faceboook page!

We’ll also be checking in on Twitter using hashtag #thankfulreading. Join in for the weekend or for only a single day. No rules, no pressure!

Additionally, we will be doing some fun Thankfully Reading mini-challenges over the weekend.  Be sure to check back Thanksgiving weekend for more details! If you are interested in hosting your own  Thankfully Reading mini-challenge or sponsoring a giveaway, please don’t hesitate to contact me at jennsbookshelfATgmailDOTcom

- See more at: http://www.jennsbookshelves.com/2013/11/04/thankfully-reading-weekend-2013/#sthash.MFpEEu8P.dpuf

- AND -

SantaThing: Secret Santa for Book Lovers

How it works

1. Become a Secret Santa. Choose your payment level ($15–$45) and preferred bookstore—Amazon and its international stores, Powell's, Book Depository or Longfellow Books in Maine.
      You can sign up for yourself, or make this a gift for a friend (LibraryThing member or not).
    2. If you pay $30, you get $30 worth of books. We take no cut. But Amazon has changed their minimum for free shipping this year, so if you're requesting paper copies from Amazon, you will get $5 less in books, to cover shipping.
    3. We choose a LibraryThing member to be your "Santee," the person you'll be buying for. We try to match up similar members.
    4. You pick books for your Santee, based on their library and wishlist. The limit is whatever they paid. There is no fee on top.
    5. LibraryThing elves order the books and the books are shipped directly to your Santee. Only LibraryThing and the bookseller see your address.
    6. You receive a package with the books from your Secret Santa.
    7. Everyone rejoices!

Even if you don't want to be a Santa, you can help by suggesting books for others. Click on a member's name to leave a suggestion

Any questions? Email infolibrarything.com

Crucial dates

Friday, November 29th at 8pm Eastern. Sign-up ends. Secret Santas are chosen, profile messages sent to the Secret Santa, and you can then enter your gift choices.

Thursday, December 5th at 12pm Eastern. Gift picking ends. LibraryThing sends the order via eight tiny ponies to the bookstore you chose.

To sign up go to LibraryThing website:

There you go fellow readers.  Hope you decide to join in the holiday fun with some extra reading this weekend and secret santa book giving.

Have a very happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday!!